Our main laboratory is located in the office building at the corporate headquarters in Bakersfield, California. GEO Drilling Fluids, Inc. constructed this facility for the purpose of ensuring quality control, expanding research and development, and providing laboratory backup for our drilling fluids engineers and customers.
- The Mud Lab is a ‘built to purpose’ facility enjoying the full support of the administration. The design of this facility, facilitates both its use as a laboratory for pilot testing and experimentation, but also is ideally suited to support the in-house mud school provided to our engineers and customers.
Basic Mud School: Core curriculum for newly-hired engineers.
Principles of Drilling Fluids: Over of fundamentals of drilling fluids, products, and systems for customers.
Advanced Mud School: Courses covering specific drilling fluids topics such as: Drilling fluid chemistry, SBM/OBM fluids, High performance water-based muds, completion fluids and near-wellbore remediation, lost circulation and remediation.
* Courses customized for customer-specific requirements
- FANN 75 Viscometer: Full automatic control for pressure, temperature and motor speed. Measures rheology to a maximum of 20,000psi and 500 degrees.
- Malvern Micro-sizer: laser size analyzer for solids particle size analysis.
- Extreme Pressure Lubricity Meter
- Dynamic HTHP Filter Press
- OFFITE Linear Swell Meter
- Heat Fusion Equipment
ADVANTAGE: engineering planning and wellsite reporting software. Hydraulic modeling.
BRIDGEWISE: software for proper bridging material selection and concentration. WBS (wellbore strengthing) and Lost Circulation.